Saturday, May 19, 2012

Japan Dollar Mart Gold Coast

 We recently got a decent 100 yen store at my local shopping centre.  It is very difficult to find Japanese goods on the Gold Coast, so I am happy to now have a Japan Dollar Mart close by. My kids and I purchsed a few items yesterday...cute paper clips and bento accessories.
 Paper clay - I hope they can stock more colours in the future.
 Pop up card, pens and  peach fragranced liquid soap.
 Bento moulds, and a super cute bento recipe book with good instructions.


 I love wrapping supplies.
Folders for storing notes.
My only gripe is they don't have much in the way of sewing and craft supplies as Daiso does. If you live in Asia, you may think I am a little nuts for getting excited about a 100 yen store, but I really love them and this shop is already popular with the locals.  By the way, everything costs $2.80 each, but that's still cheap in my mind. They also recently added food stuffs to their stock. So if you live on the Gold Coast, go and have a look - I'm sure you will enjoy browsing. Also, I think there is going to be a ChinaTown built just across the road shortly. I saw a sign up about it this week, so hoping this means it will actually happen - there has been talk about creating one for the past couple of years. I would love to have a whole street of Asian eateries and shops.
Japan Dollar Mart is on Scarborough St, Southport, just near the entrance to Australia Fair. Cash only.

10 comments:

  1. I love 100 yen stores! I'm glad you've got your own, and I hope you'll share the full inventory with us. ^^

    PS: Nice new blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stay away from them because if I enter, I'll end up buying stuff I never even thought of buying in the first place! 100 yen stores are evil to the wallet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could spend hours at 100 yen stores. So many cute items for cheap! The only bad thing is that I end up w/ more things than planned and thus spending more than anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so cute! I wish we had 100 yen stores here in Rio. But, on the other hand, I guess this is a good thing, otherwise I would spend ALL my money there!

    http://naomemandeflores.com/en

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your selects in 100 yen shop are good!!!
    New wall of your blog is very lovely!!!

    akiko in Tokyo
    http://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. everything is so cute :"> great finds, i love the kawaii things and fashion stuff u bought :)

    ~aiMee/aMz, http://amz88.blogspot.com/ <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice! i hope there will be 100 yen shop in every country :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is good place for shopping such types of products as you have discuss in your post.
    cylinders gold coast

    ReplyDelete