Thursday, August 15, 2013

The White Rabbit



Some Buddy magic will be happening tonight at the MCG. This man could be the greatest football player of all time.
There's a good chance Hawthorn will be playing in the AFL grand final next month, as they have been top of the ladder for most of the year. The did play in the grand final last year, but it all ended in tears.........
I would desperately love to go to the grand final this year. Just one problem- securing a ticket. The only way to obtain one is to go into a ballot, but you must be a club member or an Melbourne Cricket Club member, of which I am not. My husband is a member of the MCC, so he can go into the ballot, but the odds of winning a ticket are not high. And, I couldn't attend anyway, as I am not a member. Alternately, I could purchase a corporate ticket package, with the cheapest deal costing $2000.00!. But, we would have to also pay for airfares and hotels on top of that, as we live in Queensland.  When I was a child back in the 70's, my dear great uncle gave me a ticket to the grand final in which Hawthorn was playing, and won. It was an unforgettable experience. The atmosphere was indescribable. AFL fans are very passionate about the sport, but especially so at the grand final. Of course, the MCG has undergone many renovations since then, and is even a more spectacular sporting venue. Sadly, one of Hawthorn's star players passed away a few days later from cancer.
 
 
Fortunately, the grand final will be shown on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment