Friday, September 20, 2013

A Close One

My football team nearly sent me into and anxiety fueled tailspin tonight, losing for most of the preliminary final match, only to win by just 5 points in the last 5 minutes of the game.  I really thought it was over when the score was down by 20 points, and I think many fans thought there was no way we could win at that point.


The tension in my house whilst we were watching the game was a little bit high. But all that aside, we will now play in the grand final next Saturday. For those of you who aren't familiar with Australian sports culture, the Australian Football League grand final is a significant day, when virtually all of Australia tunes in to watch the game. The week leading up to the day is filled with excitement and festivities.


Last year, Hawthorn played in the grand final, but sadly lost. And after the very crappy year I have had, I would be so happy if we could win this year. Don't let me down boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment