Friday, May 10, 2013

CHINATOWN -SINGAPORE

Chinatown is a very colourful part of Singapore, which you must visit when in town. There are plenty of traditional market stalls and eateries. Chinatown is especially exciting during Chinese New Year, when the decorations are displayed. Here is a stall selling CNY decoration for the home.
 Delicious Chinese food everywhere you look. I do believe Singapore has some of the best food in Asia.
 I LOVE these ice-cream sandwiches. You can buy a slab of ice-cream in between wafers or sweet slices of bread, more like sponge cake.
I have yet to try the famed durian fruit, due to it's unique odour, which is not unlike methane gas.


 

 Shop windows selling CNY outfits.
Some more beautiful architecture.
I bought a large supply of beads from Chinatown, which I will post later. I unfortunately, did not get to visit the fabric stores. I hope to make it there one day.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos hun! Makes me miss home. I love the icecream cart with the ice cream sandwich...reminds me of a childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun time at Spore... was particularly caught by that pic of the durians...

    ReplyDelete