Thursday, February 2, 2012

Let's Go To Kiddy Land - Part 2

 The Boy's section of Kiddy Land featured everything boys love, including: Tomy, Tomica, Lego, Star Wars and Action figures.

 Have you heard of Re-Ment? They are a Japanese company making miniatures of anything and everything you could possibly think of.  I have a vast collection. They are released in series.  On display here is Hello Kitty Bakery.
 
 My favourite Rilakkuma x food.
 Alice in Wonderland Cookie Collection.
Sanrio Department. It seems in Japan, Rilakkuma has overtaken Hello Kitty in the popularity stakes.


 When I was a kid,(a looong time ago) Snoopy and Charlie Brown were my favourite characters. Merchandise was difficult to find in Australia back then. Look at what's available at Kiddy Land!
There's something so sweet and innocent about Snoopy. It takes me back to another time, before computers and Nintendos, when kids were happy with a few cuddly toys and comic books. Have you ever seen any Snoopy cartoons? The characters' voices were so cute. Apparently, Fergie from Black Eyed Peas provided the voice of Sally Brown when she was a child. My favourite cartoon was A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Of course, the Japanese like to make many different versions of characters. Look at the bizzare Snoopys on the top shelf; big deformed heads and coloured Afros.

Snoopy E-Mooks.


I like this floral Snoopy. I should have bought it, but I restrained myself.
Thus ends the tour of Kiddy Land. If you are planning a trip to Harajuku in the future, you may be lucky enough to visit the new, revamped store. It doesn't matter how old you are - Kiddy Land will definitely bring out your inner child and put a big smile on your face!

1 comment: