Monday, July 5, 2010

KUALA LUMPUR SHOPPING GUIDE - 3- JADI BATIK

Batik handkerchief.
Batik photo frame

Wooden carvings in frames.











Batik fabric.





Songket.










Silk paintings.





On our second and last day in KL, my son contracted the mandatory bout of food poisoning, so a few of our planned trips had to be cancelled. Luckily, there was a very nice doctor in the Pavillion mall across the road from our hotel who treated my son successfully. In between bouts of vomitting, we managed to still go shopping. I wanted to go to the Craft Complex, but our taxi driver said that "Jadi Batik" was a better place to shop for souvenirs, and without me agreeing, the next thing I knew, we were at Jadi Batik! As the driver was waiting for me with the meter running, I had to shop fast. There were lots of lovely things to buy, but I didn't have the time to really browse. Anyway, you can see that I did purchase some beautiful fabric and silk batik paintings. As I was happy with my lot, we didn't end up going to the Craft Complex, so I'll save that for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment